A new version of NastyWriter is out, and it’s not just for iOS 11 any more! You can get it from the App Store. I’ve been casually meddling with it over the last few years, and these are the main changes:
- Dark mode support — not only will the app itself display properly in dark mode, but the images you create using the Share function while in dark mode will also be in a dark-mode style.
- Two Siri Shortcuts:
- If there’s some text you want to nastify again and again, you can add a Siri shortcut to create a new nastified version of it in response to a voice command. Just tap ‘Add to Siri’ once you’ve typed in your text.
- If you ever just need a single insult, add the ‘Give me an insult’ shortcut using the Shortcuts app, and whenever you speak your chosen phrase it will show you an insult surrounded by nasty emoji.
- 40+ new insults and closers (insulting closing statements added if you share a passage that contains no insults.)
- The text field is now correctly positioned if you’ve paid to remove ads on a phone with a ‘notch’* such as the iPhone X, 11, or 12.
- The toolbar above the keyboard is now the correct size on notched phones.
* I prefer to call this ‘horns’, because this style of phone gives you additional screen space rather than taking it away, but ‘notch’ is more likely to be understood.